How to fix an imcomplete Slackware 10. upgrade.

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 17:55:33 UTC 2004

Hi,

I made a mistake to remove some ols packages and
forgot to install the corresponding new packages
before I reboot. My system booted but failed to run
rc.0 and rc.M. (probally inittab is wrong.) Now it is
a read-only file system. I cannot do anything on it.

I am thinking if I do:

mount -o remount rw /

then install the new packages?

My computer cannot boot from floppy and from CDROM. It
has Slackware 7.1 now it is running 10.0 kernel
2.4.26. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Frank Peng.