Palm OS on Linux

John Vetterli jvetterli-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 05:32:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:29:53 -0500
> > Below is a link of an open letter from PalmSource to the Linux
> > community: http://palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7383

I think one benefit will be for people trying to develop software for
palms using linux-based tools.  You can build gcc to cross-compile for
the palm's m68k, and there's prc-tools for creating the resource files
you need, but the recent emulators that are provided for testing only
run on windows.  There's the pose simulator, but that only simulates the
older palm units.  Plus, I still have nightmares from the time I tried
to compile pose on linux :)  A linux-based palm-os layer should let you
test your app right on your linux box.

JV