[TLUG-ANNOUNCE]: TLUG - Tue Dec 14, 7:30pm

Jim Ruxton cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 04:58:00 UTC 2004

I'd love to see this but will be out of town. It brings up something I've
been thinking of however. I'm getting my Mom a computer finally and was
wondering what to put on it. I don't want her to have to deal with viruses,
Windose etc. so was thinking of just loading the machine with a Knoppix CD.
Does this make sense versus putting a full Linux install on the harddrive? I
assume there is a way she could save her email and weblinks to a hard drive.
This way whenever I see her I could just bring the latest Knoppix CD.
Any advice?
Jim