OT: Source for firewire enclosures w/HD

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 14 04:44:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:36:39 -0500, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> If you aren't set on firewire, I have a nice USB2 external box with
> swappable carriers (I also have a couple 80GB drives) that you are
> welcome to borrow for the day (or two).

It's not my limitation, that's Metal Works -- they're offering to
record directly onto a Firewire external HD instead of onto their
system. I'm guessing that USB is too slow, although I see from some of
the older messages USB 2.0 is fine. Apart from that I'd love to take
you up on your offer.

However, I may talk to them and see if they can make use of a USB
connection instead .. so let me amend my answer to 'maybe' ;) and I'll
call the guy up and see what I can see.

And I'll be happy to provide you with a copy of the finished product
and/or seats to our annual show in April if you'd like. All we'd need
to do would be to dump the data onto backup CDs or DVDs afterwards.

Alex