SERVER/HELP

Jimmy Green greenj-PeCUgM4zDv73fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 17:59:37 UTC 2004

Kaizilege Karoma wrote:
 > Dear All,
 >  I am a Junior Networrk Administrator working with one
 > of universities here in Tanzania, East Africa.
 >
 >  My current server is running FEDORA with the
 > following services, Web server - Apache, NAT, Mail
 > service - Sendmail, Webmail - Squirellmail, DHCP.
 >
 >  I want to convince the management on the use of Linux
 > on all the servers. Currently the University is not
 > computerized, I am buying the new server with, Dual
 > processor 3.06 each, 3 HDD, 1 GB of RAM, this is the
 > DELL server.

is your current server tested, and working?
how many computers do you anticipate in your local network?
will students be networking in from their homes?

 >  Please could you advice me on what Packages and
 > services to run on the university server, It will make
 > my life easier if you will mention services I should
 > install.
 >
 > I tried to install ATutor on one of my computers here
 > with no success, If you also advice on open source
 > packages which are suitable for Universities please do
 > that for me.
 >
 > Regards,

please tell your situation a bit more.

--
to bring heed and grate to halt try for (ms = -1 ; timetravel(ms) ; ms++) { ; }
if your keyboard is _really_ slow, you should get to the second itteration ...

Jimmy