Strategies after buying new hard drive

Logan Rathbone logan.rathbone-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 9 03:19:30 UTC 2004

Hi guys, I've got a question.  It's a matter of opnion I guess, as
there are many ways to do what I'm trying to do.

I'll be getting a new hard drive soon (for Christmas, hopefully).
Right now I have two hard drives.  One is 4 GB -- the first 10 megs or
so on it have Windows's chainloader and the rest has my Linux distro
on it.  The other is 20 GB and has Windows.  So, the hard drive I get
will be at least 40 GB or so but I want to keep all of my Arch Linux
OS intact (Windows is more volatile, I don't care if I have to scrap
it).

So, should I back up important files and start from scratch?  What
strategy should I take here -- is there a way to make a ReiserFS
filesystem on the new hard drive and merge it with the existing 4 GB
one at this stage of the game?

Any help/suggestions appreciated!