Charity Technology Auction

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 8 16:27:40 UTC 2004

Tech Dollar Sale & Auction

Great Technology from $1 to Help Give a Needy Kid a
Computer for Christmas

Computers, Printers, Monitors, Wireless & More!!!

FREE INK JET PRINTER TO THE FIRST 10 PEOPLE TO ARRIVE!

HOURLY DRAWS!

Saturday, December 11, 2004 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
169 Eastern Avenue (Bayview Ave. & Eastern Ave.)
FOLLOW THE SIGNS FROM BAYVIEW

The first Technology Dollar Sale & Auction, in support
of the Resource Project and Komputers for Kids, will
take place on Saturday, December 11, 2004.  Starting
at 11:00 a.m. and finishing at 4 p.m., hundreds of
great gently used working technology items will be up
for sale at bargain prices.  At the top of every hour
there will be an auction of 1 item starting at $1.
Items for auction will include 20" monitors, ink jet
printers, notebook computers and more!

People or businesses are invited to bring in their
older, but still functioning, technologies to sell or
swap (how much of this stuff do we all have hanging
around our home or office?).  Selling/swap tables are
available from $10.

Donations of gently used equipment are welcome to
support the Komputers for Kids Christmas Drive.
Our Goal is 150 working Computers for the Kids in
Eastern Ontario (Trenton / Belleville Area)

General Admission is $5 (children under 12 are FREE).
If you bring a donation of a working piece of
technology, admission is only $2.

As the original computer resourcing and redeployment
project in Canada (est. 1993), Resource Project
(www.resourceproject.org) has delivered over 76,000
computers and peripherals to schools, community
agencies and technology challenged individuals.
Komputers for Kids (www.komputersforkids.ca) works in
the Trenton / Belleville.  There are 150 needy kids
waiting for a computer to help with their homework.

For additional information, contact: Donna Johnson at
(416) 955-1551 x309 or djohnson-YFak03Ir5nStlBvVaVFjCkB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org

The Technology Dollar Sale & Auction is a project of
Innovation Toronto and is part of an ongoing series of
events to support community projects.  Please check
www.techsale.org for up-to-the-minute details.

Innovation Toronto is the umbrella organization for 2
charities working to aid innovation in the Greater
Toronto Area.