Subject: TLUG Talk - December 14, 2004

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 8 09:58:22 UTC 2004

Date:     December 14, 2004
Time:     7:30pm
Location: Galbraith Building, U of T

For directions, see http://oracle.osm.utoronto.ca/map/

Room: GB244

Speaker: Colin McGregor

Topic: The Temporary Internet Lounge

Details:

Colin McGregor will talk about the issues associated with setting up a
temporary Internet lounge using Knoppix Linux. A central part of this talk
will be customising Knoppix to fit the needs of such a lounge. This talk
will be illustrated with examples drawn from Colin McGregor's experiences
successfully setting up such a lounge of 28 machines at the 2003 World
Science Fiction Convention. The basis of this talk will be an article he
wrote for Linux Journal (which is due to appear in the February 2005 issue
(and which should be on newstands starting the first week of January)).

- Colin McGregor is a system administrator with over 5 years experience in
a number of commercial and not-for-profit ISPs.

*** Please note, we are back in our old room ***

Rob
TLUG Talks Coordinator