Free Software school club?

Lloyd D Budd foolswisdom-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 7 18:13:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:36:15 -0500, Mike Newman
<presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I want to start some kind of Free Software club, but I don't really
> know what we could do, besides burn CDs and distribute them. Does
> anyone have any suggestions?
Currently , it seem the best two CDs for you would be :

The OpenCD <http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/>
"TheOpenCD is a collection of high quality Free and Open Source
Software. The programs run in Windows and cover the most common tasks
such as word processing, presentations, e-mail, web browsing, web
design, and image manipulation. We include only the highest quality
programs, which have been carefully tested for stability and which we
consider appropriate for a wide audience."

MEPIS <http://www.mepis.org> - Live (Install) CD Debian derivative
focusing on desktop Linux using KDE .  Getting a lot of spotlite for
easy of use .

--
Peace be in you ,
Lloyd D Budd