Free Software school club?

SlackRat ab460-0l1pH2CMacvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 7 05:25:13 UTC 2004

Mike Newman <presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Perhaps lobbying the IT staff to add Firefox to the default install image... ;)

Without wanting to be too negative, this user has just dumped FireFox and gone
back to using Opera.

I too had been swept away by the FireBird/FireFox/WhatYaMayCallIt Mystique,
and it definitely has a number of great features. But every release, and
patches thereto, is getting quirkier than it's precedecessor.

Opera, on the other hand admittedly has a few quirks of its own, but after
using it long enough to firstly discover its idiosyncracies and secondly
appreciate its power, it is difficult to justify using FireFox.

So when compiling a 'free' software listing, at least acknowledge that other
browsers/user agents exist, particularly since Opera has now reduced the size
of its nag ads, which were the reason I abandoned it temporarily, to an
almost unintrusive size.

--
Slackrat