Free Software school club?

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 7 02:36:15 UTC 2004

I go to Centennial College, and if you want to get software, you go to
the (Microsoft-run) "Academic Alliance," which distributes (you
guessed it) free Microsoft software.

I want to start some kind of Free Software club, but I don't really
know what we could do, besides burn CDs and distribute them. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

We do have a Unix (Red Hat on IBM S/390) course and the teacher is
very enthusiastic about free software, so there is a bit of a
springboard.

Perhaps lobbying the IT staff to add Firefox to the default install image... ;)

I'd appreciate any advice that you could offer!

P.S.
I have a working 32x CD-ROM drive that reads burned CDs, if there's
still anyone working out pressed disc issues.

--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web
http://www.getfirefox.com/