place to buy mandrake 10 in downtown toronto?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 6 16:43:48 UTC 2004

I have purchased boxed Mandrake twice from Staples/ Business Depot, but
then one day, after they had a big Mocro$haft promotion, they ceased to
carry Mandrake, SuSE, RedHat and/or linux books or ref cards..  I never
fail to inquire about linux products when I'm in there. I ask a sales
clerk, then, when he gives me a blank stare, I go to the manager.
"You used to carry linux" I'll say,
"I've bought it here before. Do you think it's getting /less/ popular ?"
"Why don't you carry it ?, could be one of your suppliers is controlling
your policy ? hmmmm ?"
On one occasion I had a junior employee wildly enthusiastic about
knoppix and chomping at the bit to get it.
I think I'll start to visit Staples and quietly reboot the machines with
knoppix and/or ubuntu live.

Phillip Qin wrote:

> > Good question. I have a CD drive, that will only read from pressed
> > CD's. Is there any stores that might carry Gentoo or Slackware?

now you're dreaming ! ;-)
Boxed Mandrake, SuSE, RedHat, and soon Novel, somewhere, maybe (UofT ?).
Gentoo & Slackware presume a level of expertise that includes the
ability to download and burn.

This situation is what motivated me to open linuxcaffe.
djp