Live CD for iBook

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 4 05:51:42 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 3:15, Matt Cahill wrote:
>   Hey folks,
>
>     I was wondering if anyone could recommend a recently (last 6
>     months) upgraded Linux-based Live CD to try on an inherited iBook?
>     I can't seem to find anything that's either recent or
>     recommendable.
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>
>     Matt

Take a look at distrowatch.com to see the top 100.  Many of the new ones use
knoppix as a base for hardware detection.  I've gone through about 15 in the
past few weeks and today dl'd Mepis and the install missed my scsi scanner
and scsi ZIP drive  for some reason. Apart from that the Live CD installs
easily to a harddrive partition if you are happy with the hardware detection.
There are smaller downloads to try -  Vector Linux is pretty new and
smallish.

Merv

--
Merv Curley