OT: Istop kaput?

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 3 16:09:37 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 10:34, Robert Turcott wrote:
> Check their 'Website' now.  It's a message saying Bell has cut of their
> service because of billing disputes.

Yup figures, that came up immediately after I posted the message ;-)

> Our business has (had) two connections, one with the-wire the other with
> istop.  I'm looking to replace the istop one.

If istop gets things together today I think I'll stay with them for now.

I would be surprised if Ralph's account of events on their webpage is not 100%
accurate, whether Bell is being knowingly anti-competitive or just thoroughly
incompetent is anyone's guess.    I have had experiences with Bell's billing
and support services recently that reenforced for me what a complete joke
they are.  Billing departments that can't find me based on account number,
phone number or company name, one account number on the bill, a different
account number on the support documentation I was given, getting an inferior
service to what was requested, etc, etc.  I'm convinced they only stay in
business by bullying the little guy.

That being said I haven't been too happy with istop customer communications. I
have tolerated several outages in the past, all around a few hours or less,
with absolutely no communications to clients (not on their maintenance
mailing list or on their network status pages).

> Any suggestions for ISP's?

A friend of mine found http://www.teksavvy.com/ ... I know nothing about them.
I've heard good things in the past about eol.ca but they might have gone the
way of the dodo based on their new webpage.  Don't know of any others right
now.