OT: Istop kaput?

Andy Jack f.e.jack-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 3 15:43:47 UTC 2004

====

>From www.istop.com:

IStop.com service disruption

We regret that Bell Canada, in direct contravention of its contractual
obligations to us, has suspended service to IStop over disputed
billings. IStop has repeatedly brought Bell's errors to its attention,
without receiving a response. IStop has also attempted to invoke the
dispute resolution clause of its contract with Bell, which requires that
disputes be arbitrated. Bell has refused to participate. We have
directed our lawyers to deal with Bell to arbitrate and to end the
suspension of service; so far, Bell continues to refuse to reply.

We have detailed Bell's billing errors, which include duplicate charges,
rate errors, and tariff contraventions. Unfortunately, Bell appears to
believe that, as a giant dealing with smaller businesses, it need not
concern itself with correcting mistakes or adhering to contracts. We
will continue to try to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
We are working with other ISPs to make temporary arrangements to restore
service to our customers. We expect to have this in place by noon today
(Friday).

Customers will be given credits or refunds for the service disruption.

====