simple forking server -> problem (C) (fwd) (solved)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 3 14:06:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 07:11:17PM +0200, Peter L. Peres wrote:
> >If you are doing HTTP connections, you could just make your server
> >return an http 1.0 header rather than 1.1, since 1.0 does NOT allow
> >persistent connections.  That should prevent the browser from trying to
> >use the same connection again and again.  You still have to force the
> >browser to try multiple connections at once of course.
> >
> >There should also be a setting in the browser to control how many
> >simultanious connections it will make.
>
> But ... I *want* persistent connections. I am experimenting with streams.

Well a stream should just be one contiinous data flow through a
connection.  It has nothing to do with persistant connections.
persistant connections means multiple endependant http requests will be
done through one socket connection (so without closing it at the end of
the first request.

If the browser won't do multiple streams at a time, perhaps it's
connection limit is set too low.

Lennart Sorensen