FC3 - Stop '/etc/resolv.conf' from being changed, how?

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 2 21:03:02 UTC 2004

It was just a thought and possible pointer;  a utility that protects
filesystem integrity might be a potential culprit - not necessarily
the cause or solution, just something to keep in mind.

Tripwire actually bit me in this way once...  It went something like:
check the file I wanted to edit, edit it, check it again - Good! The
edits were saved...  Then a few minutes later it would just revert
back to the original copy after it had been updated.

Since the situation came up in a production environment, I found it
rather educational.  Sometimes things that happen to a system appear
to come right out of nowhere...  I only had a passing acquaintance
with Tripwire at the time.  (although that has changed a little now.
:-)

One of the things the experience taught me anyway, was not to discount
unobvious or "distant" possibilities.  The thread's topic was
sufficiently similar to the experience I had and thought I'd mention
it just in case.

- Scott.