strange MS visits

J. Qiang Li shijialee-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 2 05:02:12 UTC 2004

my old redhat 7.2 apache log just rotated on Nov 28.. since then, 89 out of 463 lines from the
current apache log are from msnbot, 207.46.98.124. almost 20% log entries.

but that's much less than the entries generated by the scanning from the infected windows
machines.  a 3.2MB access_log.1 file can be trimmed down to 90K after a cleanup by running a
filter script.

Qiang