hello again - and a question about Rogers

Fred Nastos nastos-JAjqph6Yjy8fbXvGcxQkLSwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 31 17:30:57 UTC 2004

On August 30, 2004 06:45 pm, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> The Edge of the Ice wrote:
> > That is of course why I bought my Netwinder.
>
> Similarly, that's why I have a Linksys NSLU2; a frugal little fileserver
> for the house. And no, I'm not interested in hacking it to do other things.

A question, just so I can be certain (I know little about networking):  If I
get one of these, can I easily hook it up to my router, and from the office
send files home to the usb drive connected to the fileserver?  That way I can
leave my power-sucking home computer off.

Right now, I use a flash drive to carry files back and forth, but it is a
liitle annoying.  I'd much rather just be able to send files back and forth
over the net.