Understanding LA files

Chris Gow cgow-FlpYSvOe4acWeH+WijV1tNBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 31 17:12:45 UTC 2004

talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Chris Gow wrote:
>
> What I am
>>trying to figure out is how or what told g++ to look in /opt/gnome/lib
>>for those la files?
>

> The first two places I'd look would be the in the make file and in your
> environment.
I attempted to check the Makefile but A) My make knowledge is pretty
limited B) It is a Makefile generated by the configure script.

I did a env | grep '/opt/gnome/lib' and the only entry I got back was
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gnome/lib. Which I unset and then re-ran configure.
I wound up getting the same error.

-- chris