hello again - and a question about Rogers

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 30 22:45:16 UTC 2004

The Edge of the Ice wrote:

> That is of course why I bought my Netwinder.

Similarly, that's why I have a Linksys NSLU2; a frugal little fileserver
for the house. And no, I'm not interested in hacking it to do other things.

> Not that I actually pay for power (included in my rent)

There was some talk of a provincial bill separating utility bills off
from rent. It might be a decent incentive to save money.

> I wonder when people will start buying laptops instead of desktops

Perhaps when Ontario's power hits a realistic price. Paul Gipe,
executive director of the Ontario Sustainable Energy Association, has
been preaching laptops for years for this very reason.

  Stewart