Problems with PROMISE Card in Linux

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 30 02:32:40 UTC 2004

I have a PROMISE card which has some unformatted LINUX partitions and
some Windows partitions. It detects under Windows, but is only detected
by the kernel under LINUX.

Here is one of the entries under /proc/pci:
          Bus  0, device  12, function  0:
            Unknown mass storage controller: Promise Technology, Inc.
            20269 (rev 2).
              IRQ 11.
              Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=4.Max Lat=18.
              I/O at 0x9000 [0x9007].
              I/O at 0x8800 [0x8803].
              I/O at 0x8400 [0x8407].
              I/O at 0x8000 [0x8003].
              I/O at 0x7800 [0x780f].
              Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xce800000 [0xce803fff].

Any idea what file under /dev/ this relates to, or how I can find out? I
don't think this is a raid card (raidtools can't seem to detect anything
under /dev/sd<whatever>), and the box it came in says that it is just an
IDE adapter card.

Paul King

--
Paul King <pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org>