Wireless adaptor

Michael Coburn michael-3aH0qR8MVRD3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 30 02:04:45 UTC 2004

WPC11 v4 ussd the Realtek 8180 chipset.  Apparently you can build these
drivers using the files available from realtek's site, but I could never
get them to compile properly on a debian unstable system. :(

You _may_ have success with this card if you also look to the
ndiswrapper package (v4 is noted to work)
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/ .  You will probably need to
recompile your kernel, but it's worth it.

I'm using v 0.8 of ndiswrapper with a DWL-650 card, which works
flawlessly even at high transfer rates.  However cool apps like kismet
or airsnort are known not to function when you use ndiswrapper.  Also it
does not report an accurate link quality -- it always shows 100%.
--
michael