bash 3.01

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 29 01:53:52 UTC 2004

On Saturday 28 August 2004 11:00 am, Peter L. Peres wrote:
> Make sure these lines are near the top of lilo.conf:
>
> delay=40
> prompt
>
> and then run lilo. The configuration is updated only when you run lilo.
>
> Peter
Here is the top part of my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
delay=200
prompt
default="linux"
keytable=/boot/us.klt
timeout=100
message=/boot/message

image=/boot/vmlinuz
	label="linux"
	root=/dev/hda6
	initrd=/boot/initrd.img
	append="devfs=mount acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda5 splash=silent"
	vga=788
	read-only
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I set the delay =200 with the intention to give me more time.
I run /sbin/lilo after I edited the file.
Rebooting the computer still showed LILO only for a very short time before the
boot menu was displayed. Holding the left shift key did not have any effect.

I am  persuing this issue only for interest sake. I am quite happy with the
bash-3.0 and will probably never need to revert back to the bash-2.05
version. It just bugs me not being able to accomplish what you guys are so
sure that it can be done easily.
Any further suggestions???   (I already read the man pages for lilo and
lilo.conf)
John