installing firefox 0.9

Mel Seder melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 28 05:22:11 UTC 2004

Your suggestion seemed to have worked.  The install program fired up firefox
for me.  When I exited firefox I couldn't figure out how to fire it up again.
How do I get firefox to run?

--- Kevin Cozens <kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Mel Seder wrote:
>
> >Ahhh, I see the .3 now thanks.  But now I have uid and gid problem as
> follows.
> >

> Your message let me know their is a 0.9.3 release. I just downloaded the
> file, ran 'tar xfz' on the file, and ran the installer without any
> problems. The only difference is that I did this as a regular user. I
> just tested the tar command you used while I was root on my machine and
> had no problem with the file extraction. Perhaps its something odd with
> your version of tar?
>
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Kevin.  (http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/)
>
> Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
> E-mail:kcozens at interlog dot com|"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
> Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"
> #include <disclaimer/favourite>   |              -Pinkutus & the Borg

=====
If I am not for myself,  who will be for me?
And if I am only for myself,  what am I?
And if not now, when?
by: Hillel 100 BCE