bash 3.01

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 28 01:39:40 UTC 2004

On Friday 27 August 2004 06:47 pm, The Edge of the Ice wrote:

> IIRC, hitting the left shift key when you see "LILO" on the screen
> should drop you to a Linux: prompt.  Tab should display your boot
> options.  Then you can just type the name of the option you want
> (usually just 'linux') and the options right there:

> Try "man lilo" for more information.
man lilo tells me that the key combination is Shift,Ctrl,Alt,CapsLock.
During booting the LILO is only displayed for a split second.
Executing /sbin/lilo -d 200 does not change the display time. I was expecting
it to be 20 seconds.
In any case, nothing happened that would get me into a command line mode.
I also tried to remove the 'prompt' line from the config file. This does not
seem to make any difference either.
John