Good 64 bit motherboard

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 27 22:55:09 UTC 2004

I have seen a nice offer in pc village:
AMD 64Bit Athlon 3000+ CPU, Asus K8V Motherboard, PQI 1Gb Dual Channel
DDR, 80Gb 7200RPM HDD, 1.44 Floppy, 16x/52x24x52x CDRW Combo, Radeon
9200SE 128Mb Video Card, 10/100 Network Card, 32Bit Sound Card, ATX
Mid-Tower, 600w Speakers w/Subwoofer, Logitech Keyboard, Optical Mouse,
17" Samsung LCD

Everything for 1329$.

After I did some research on the internet, I found that many people are
not happy with the board and with ASUS' attitude with respect to Linux
users.

Do you have some recommandations to do about good hardware that works fine
with Linux (and more specifically Mandrake)?

I heard that almost all software is working with AMD processor, is that
correct?

Thanks for the input.

Marc Lijour