bash 3.01

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 27 20:18:04 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 11:18 pm, Taavi Burns wrote:
> Do remember to keep a backup copy of the
> old /bin/sh or /bin/bash around.  Then when booting, just pass
> init=/bin/oldbash and have fun.  (this is also a good way to get root on a
> box with an insecure bootloader; no runlevels, no passwords, no hassle!)

How do I pass init=/bin/oldbash during booting?
On my system  (mdk10.0) I can enter the interactive mode by pressing the 'I'
-key. However, there is no interaction possible until *after* the line
'INT: starting runlevel5.
Neither one of the following questions that I have to anwser with either Y or
N will relate to init.
John