Fedora updated, Ximian Evolution unhappy FOLLOW UP

Alan Cohen alan-bdq14YP6qtTV+N59fa8YiVaTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 26 18:13:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 13:56, Alan Cohen wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I just updated my Fedora 2 installation and now Ximian Evolution is
> unhappy. It complains with
> 	Cannot activate component
> 	OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent:
> 	The error from the activation system is:
> 	Unknown CORBA exception id:
> 	'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/INV_OBJREF:1.0'
>
> I'm absolutely out to lunch on this. Can someone help me here?

On a hunch, I re-booted. Lo' and behold I am composing this note in
evolution of that system. The reboot (perhaps overkill) may have served
to make things right... I wish I knew what was going on... Presumably,
something was in memory from the pre-Fedora2-update that became
inconsistent after the update.
--
Alan Cohen <alan-bdq14YP6qtTV+N59fa8YiVaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
Computer Advocacy Inc