bash 3.01

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 26 03:18:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:53:45 -0400, Stewart C. Russell
<scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Well, de'il mend ye if it goes wrong -- Fraser warned you. As someone
> who has had a login shell change go wrong, I can say it's a very
> annoying experience.

Annoying, yes.  Impossible...no.  Do remember to keep a backup copy of the
old /bin/sh or /bin/bash around.  Then when booting, just pass init=/bin/oldbash
and have fun.  (this is also a good way to get root on a box with an insecure
bootloader; no runlevels, no passwords, no hassle!)

--
taa
/*eof*/