Charity Software development shops?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 25 20:11:53 UTC 2004

Does anyone on the list know of a charity software
development shop that will do some teaching in the
G.T.A.?

One of the volunteers down at reSource ask me this
question, and I didn't have an answer for her.
ReSource's thing is taking old computers refurbishing
them and then getting them out into the community, so
lots of hands on hardware handling, but not much in
the way of software work (OS installs don't count). In
other words reSource has a woman who is currently on
medical leave, wants to signifigantly improve her
software development skill set (her current
programming skills I gather are very modest) and she
is looking to help a charity group.

So, a related question, if there is no current charity
software development shops, does anyone know of a
large charity that does signifigant in-house software
development that I could point this lady to?

Colin McGregor