installing selected packages from unstable onto debian stable

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 25 16:47:15 UTC 2004

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>If you go that far, you may as well upgrade to sarge and stick with it
>until it's released (which should be sometime this year).

I am using Sarge on different systems for quite a while without any
problems.

>I suspect requesttracker is in testing (sarge) at probably a very
>similar version if not the same as in unstable.

Request-Tracker 1 is in Stable.  Request-Tracker 3 is in both Testing
(sarge) and Unstable (Sid).  However, if you really need a more up to
date version (3.2), request-tracker3.2 is only available with unstable.

Hope this help.

Gilles