Samba and Gnome

Martin Duclos tchitow-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 25 14:06:24 UTC 2004

Hey Noah!

I have many samba shares that I can access with nautilus. Have you tried
specifying the UID=USER when you mount the share? How is samba configured?

Martin Duclos

I am running nautilus 2.7.4, gnome-vfs 2.7.91, and gnome-vfs-extras 2.7.91
and
everything works pretty well except for accessing Samba shares. The problem
is
that I need to authenticate for every file in a share. For example, if a
folder
has 10 items in it, I need to authenticate 11 times (the folder and all
items)
before I can see anything. The authentication doesn't seem to get stored
anywhere.

I guess that this has to do with the lack of mime-types that ship with the
dev
release, but I may be wrong. Does anyone have this working properly? If so,
how
did you do it? Alternately, any recommendations where I can look for help.
The
gnomedesktop forums are fairly useless. I imagine that I should join a gnome
mailing list, but don't know which one.

Noah

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.