bash 3.01

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 23 22:40:48 UTC 2004

On Sunday 22 August 2004 11:15 pm, William Park wrote:

> By the way, where did you get Bash-3.01 ?
Errare humanum est!
It should have been 3.00.
It is the troll in me that forces me to make errors like that.
However, it explains now why my initial attempt to make this bash version work
failed so miserable. I made a symlink  /bin/bash
to  /usr/local/bash-3.01/bash. Of course it could not find the new bash file.
Using the correct directory bash-3.0 everything is hunky dory.
Thanks to you and chris Johnson for all the help.
John