Part time Linux Sys Admin needed

Clement Chung clement.chung-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 23 19:43:41 UTC 2004

Everyone,

Anyone looking for a part time Linux system admin position please email me directly with resume (clement.chung-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org).

I am working at one of the research lab at the University of Toronto and we are looking for a part time Linux system admin to take care of our Linux servers and provide some general window system admin for our desktop workstation.  This position may lead to a full time position if everything works out after an initial trail period and if a full time position opens up.

Currently, we have 5 individual Linux servers provided service ranging from web server to firewall to samba.  Also, we have a 16 node cluster, all of which are running various version of Linux (red hat, debian).

The sys admin (part-time) will be responsible for certain core duties,  like hardware related issues, backups, "fire fighting", upgrades, etc.

Technical skills that he/she will need to have and be efficient at:

      Linux OS - as a administrator
      Hardware service/maintained/setup (server, server cluster, and workstation)
      Networking
      Security - server and network
      Router
      DHCP
      DNS
      Samba
      Apache
      Server backups
      Document existing network

 Technical skills that he/she should know about it (maybe not expert at):

      CVS
      firewall
      Windows OS (2000 and XP)
      Network design

 Here is a list of technical skills that is nice to have:

      PostgreSql (or other DB admin skills)
      Web application production (steps and process to produce and  maintain web app)
      Tape backup

Thanks,
Clement Chung