bash 3.01

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 23 00:48:40 UTC 2004

On Sunday 22 August 2004 06:22 pm, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>     You can copy /usr/local/bash-3.1/bash to /bin.
>
>     You can make /bin/bash a link to /usr/local/bash-3.1/bash.

I assume you renamed the original bash to bash2.05b.
Suppose I do this, and then copy my /usr/local/bash-3.01/bash to /bin/bash.
Is this all I have to do, or do I still have to edit the passwd file??

Presumably I will also have to reboot ??
My problem is that I am afraid to screw things up and then have no bash left
to get back on track again.
John