Data Recovery

John Macdonald john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 16 16:28:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 09:38:35AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 07:01:58PM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> > The funny thing is when I was at high school I worked weekends at Radio
> > Shack (actually called Tandy in Australia).  Those damn connectors were
> > labelled "Quick Disconnects".  Yeah right.
> >
> > The smaller ones on the floppy drives are worse.  Whos stupid idea was it
> > to put in a flap that needs to be lifted to get the power disconnected and
> > then make it almost impossible to lift it with your fingers?  Insane.
> > They were also labelled Quick Disconnects FWIW :)
>
> Quick yes, easy no.  I think anything that doesn't involve screws is
> considered a quick disconnect.  If you could get a good grip on it, and
> lift the tab, it would be very quick to disconnect. :)

Speaking of easy and screw connections...

My pet peeve is the simple convenient screw-on
co-ax connectors used for TV and cable signals.
Just about every TV, VCR, or whatever that uses this
has the receptacle recessed inside a sunken area and
the surrounding border makes it impossible to turn
the connector to screw it in or out with anything
more than your fingernails for a tiny fraction of
a rotation.