system backup

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 16 11:49:30 UTC 2004

I will soon be sending my Dell laptop in for service and figure that I
should send it in with WinXP only installed for the sake of my warranty.
My machine is currently a full linux box. Is backing it up as simple as
tar cf dell.tar /*?

and reinstalling simple as fdisking, reinstalling grub, and then
untaring?

If not, what should I do? And if so, how can I create my tar file on a
remote drive since I dont have enough space on the local drive to allow
a complete copy?

Noah
--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"