C or C++ programming mutual assistance group(s) ?

James McIntosh jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 16 06:00:55 UTC 2004

At 11:49 PM 2004/08/15 -0400, Jim Rootham <jim.rootham-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>My business analyst on C/C++ programming contracts forbid me
>>to use any of the features of C++ whatsoever,
>
>Why?

He never told me.

Just do it his way, or I'm off the contract.

Maybe he thought that I would make mistakes in using capabilities and
features that I had not been using for enough time.

He claimed, without a lot of support, to be a C programmer himself, and he
probably knew nothing of C++. Another programmer on the project, who knew
C, but not C++, later told me that he, rather than the business analyst,
had actually been the author of all the C programmes that the business
analyst claimed as his personal work. Maybe the business analyst wanted to
make sure that I was dispensible. The other programmer did not know C++.

I could guess, but he was a person who may not have been necessarily
exactly what he would superficially appear to be, and any explanation that
he might give would not necessarily be the primary reason, though it would
seem plausible at first.
---