programming courses?

fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 15 11:46:06 UTC 2004

There are thousands of open source projects on Sourceforge.net that would
welcome volunteers.

I'm personally involved with 2 of those who would gladly help beginners get
up to speed.

	https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpl
	https://sourceforge.net/projects/ioanywhere

I think a volunteer co-op or apprenticeship program is a great idea too.

It is an unfortunate statement of our times when so much of our experienced
programmer skill base is unemployed or underemployed.     We are in great
danger of losing those skills forever unless we can find ways to transfer
them to the younger generation and then find ways for that generation to
become productively employed in situations where they can continue to hone
and develop those skills.

bob