programming courses?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 14 18:08:37 UTC 2004

Aaron Vegh wrote:
> Good day,
> I was wondering if anyone here knows about programming courses in the
> Toronto area? And I'm not talking about VB, Visual C++, .NET stuff. I
> want to learn the stuff the hackers use -- from the shell to C to C++
> to Python... in short, how to program in an open source environment.
>
> It's a Windows world out there, and if you know anyone that says
> different, I'd love to meet them.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron.

Look at the various school calendars.  Try to find the ones that teach
languages, not applications.  For example, a few years ago, I studied C
at George Brown College and Basic, Pascal, Fortran and 6809 assembler at
Ryerson.

If you've already done some programming, you might be able to get by
with some books.