Data Recovery

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 12 22:27:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:17:44 -0400
cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org disseminated the following:

> > Before I just let my fingers do the walking, can anyone recommend a data
> > recovery shop they've dealt with? I have a HD with data that it would be
> > nice
> > to recover, but it's not even detected by the BIOS, let alone a rescue CD or
> > floppy.
>
> We had a talk last fall from ActionFront Data Recovery
> <http://www.actionfront.com/> who seemed fairly clueful.
>
> It's not cheap, and the results are pretty forcibly limited.

Ya, I got an offlist reply about the costs involved. The owner of this drive is
not going to be a happy camper.

> Make sure you unplug your device ASAP, and don't plug it in again lest
> you damage it further, if you're heading down this road...

Thanks for the tip. I'm not into beating my head against a dead horse anyhow ;-)

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
18:22:45 up 8 days, 18:05, 8 users, load average: 0.17, 0.04, 0.01