cdrecord -scanbus

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 11 15:55:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:32:24AM -0400, Alan Cohen wrote:
> I have an IDE CDROM reader and a SCSI (Yamaha, ID=3) CDROM writer.
>
> cdrecord -scanbus (Redhat 7.3) used to report SCSI devices only and
> showed the Yamaha.
>
> Now, with Fedora-2, cdrecord -scanbus shows me the IDE CDROM but not the
> Yamaha. although I can mount and read the Yamaha
>
> I'd like to get xcdroast working, but won't get very far until cdrecord
> knows the Yamaha is there. Any suggestions?

Is the sg module loaded?  Is the sr module loaded?  sg is scsi generic,
used to send low level commands to scsi devices.  sr is the scsi rom
driver for read only devices like cdrom and such.  I suspect it will
work fine if those are loaded.  cdrecord used to only support scsi
devices and would automatically look for them causing any needed modules
to be loaded.  I don't think it assumes that anymore, so I guess you
have to be sure your drivers are loaded.

Lennart Sorensen