syncing directories

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 10 04:02:14 UTC 2004

> I'm looking for the best way to sync (or mirror ?) directories between
> my desktop, my laptop, and a usb key.
> I have been experimenting with rsync (dangerous ?) and have the nagging
> feeling that there must be a better way. Any suggestions ?

Unison uses the same algorithms, and will _definitely_ play well with
your intended application.

The main difference is actually good news; it is aware of which files
have changed on each side, and will allow you to sync both ways,
sending/receiving whichever files ought to be sent/received.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/rdbms.html