AIT3 tape caddy

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 9 18:29:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:15:27AM -0400, Terry Tanski wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can pickup an AIT3 tape caddy. I can find DLT
> and DDS just fine, but even Grand & Toy doesn't seem to offer anything.

What is a tape caddy?  As far as I know, SAIT at least is physically the
same shape as DLT, so I would have thought AIT was too, in which case
anything related to DLT should work for AIT except the drive of course.
Sony has been advertising the SAIT drives as drop in replacements for
DLT drives in robotic mechanisms with no change to the tape shelves or
the robot carier, and the eject buttons, tape shape and drive placement
and such are completely the same.  If the older AIT drives don't do the
same, I don't know what you can do for them.

Lennart Sorensen