Call for future speakers

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 9 17:56:50 UTC 2004

Hi all.  Could anyone interested in doing talks for September or later in
the year please email with possible topics.  Is there anyone who has not
done a talk at all?  Now is your chance? :)

Talks can be anything Linux/Unix related.  Got a favourite utility or
application?  Tell us why you love it.  Know some cool tricks with the
shell?  Great.

I also believe lighter talks are fine.  Linux isn't just about work.  Got
a favourite Unix game?  Tell us about that.

I think that talks on games would probably be shorter so we may try to fit
2 or 3 into one evening.  Ideally these would be games that were
exclusively or predominantly Unix rather than cross-platform games that
are probably better known.  Examples include Crossfire and Netrek.  Both
of these started life on Unix and despite the existance of non-Unix
clients they are still predominantly played by Unix users.

Is anyone interested in a (fun) debate for a meeting.  This would consist
of two teams each with 3 participants.  Each speaker would have a period
of about 3 minutes in which to talk.  Ie, pretty standard debating format.
I helped organised one of these for another club and it was a big success.

Suggested Debate Topics:

		Vi vs Emacs.
		"C is too much trouble to learn these days" (for/against)
		"LAMP/LAPP is the future" (for/against)

Please follow-up with support or opposition to a debate and possible
topics.

TLUG Talks Coordinator