Instant Messenging Woes

Wil McGilvery wmcgilvery-6d3DWWOeJtE at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 9 14:49:54 UTC 2004

Hello Everyone.

I am now in the position of having to regulate Instant Message clients in our Network. Does anyone have experience with this?

I would like to:

Use an internal IM system for staff to use.
Allow certain employees to connect to the outside world.
Keep track of who they connect to.

We use IM for communication between remote offices and Technical Support etc, but some people have started to chat with their buddies instead of working.

I don't want to shutdown the Instant Message clients completely. Currently the client of choice is MSN.

Regards,

Wil McGilvery
Manager
Lynch Digital Media Inc