syncing directories

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 8 19:19:13 UTC 2004

On August 8, 2004 03:01 pm, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> All told I spend less than 1 minute per day on it and it gives me a 99%
> consistent user experience between home, work and laptop.  It also means
> that within a few minutes (however slow the network is) I can bring my
> environment to a computer (single checkout command).

That was particularly incoherent even for me.  I meant to say that within a
few minutes (depending on how slow the network is) I can bring my entire user
environment to a brand new computer.

I have several hundred MB of docs, configs, images, etc. checked in under my
home so a full checkout obviously does take a while.  If speed is an issue, I
don't necessarily need it all, so I can always do a non-recursive, or
pick-and-choose, checkout to pick up the pace.