scp -r ssh cx refused

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 8 00:31:18 UTC 2004

Taavi Burns wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 11:21:01PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
>

>>>Nope. You have only the client, not the server. You need the package
>>>"openssh-server".
>>>

>>OK, I found it on the rh 8.0 CD. Does it matter what directory I copy it
>>to? If not, I'll just copy it to / and then rpm -i openssh-serve*
>>

>Why not just install it directly off of the CD?

I didn't know you could. I thought user apps had to be installed in
/usr/bin or somesuch...
I'm OK now -- I copied the rpm to / and ran rpm -i whatever*, it
installed, started the server, I did an scp -r to get the mail file over
and now I'm in my old email on the machine of my choice (knoppix 3.1).
Thanks for your help.

Chris