Shrinking the size of images in gimp

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 5 20:28:05 UTC 2004

I wrote happily a day ago:

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 13:23, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 13:02, Anton Markov wrote:
> > For more info about Perl and The Gimp:
> > <http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/tutorials/Basic_Perl/>
>
> Great thanks for this info.
>
> I have been using, till now, perl together with imagemagic, but it is a
> bit non-trivial. Perl with Gimp must certainly be powerful.

But... there is a butt.

Gimp-1.211 does not install on all systems so easy. It gives out a
message like this, when running perl Makefile.PL:

FATAL: unable to deduce plugindir from gimptool script

A bit silly error. I looked to Google but could find only that others
had the same problem often, while no conclusive solution seems to be
known.

Initially, I used all that with Gimp that has been installed with Fedora
Core 1, discovering that it for some strange reason does NOT have
gimptool around. But after that I installed the newest Gimp from
gimp.org, and now gimptool is available.

Anybody around by chance, could advice?

zb.